Su autorGlenn Letham reume las principales ventajas de usar estos sistemas.
So, as a PR/Analyst, and GIS technical geek what do I get out of twitter? Most noteworthy I’m treated to: – staying abreast of news and geeky tech tips – hearing how Geo people get through their day – learning about social & new media – hearing directly from developer programs and developers – meeting local business people like those from chamber of commerce, finance people – listening in on developers and techno innovators – getting live feeds from tech events and learning about new events – making a few new friends, many who I’ve already met in person too!
y recoge las principales críticas
– twitter is a *social* network. If you can’t be social, like @XXXX isn’t, then you shouldn’t be on twitter
– I refuse to follow twitterfeed posters. If that’s all you do, you don’t get twitter, and therefore don’t deserve to be followed.
– If the feed is used that way, and it is known when you subscribe, then it’s OK with me
– I follow a few like that, CNN, NYTimes – employees following users is more important for discussion
– My opinion is they prefer a one way mouthpiece, and/or haven’t really devoted a “person” to it. Useful? That depends.
– I actually don’t mind because it allows me to use twitter as my main news source.
yo todavia soy un @nnn